Gangrape: Minor accused summoned, school told to get back with birth records
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A Delhi juvenile justice board today summoned the sixth accused in the gangrape and torture of a 23-year-old woman who died later in a Singapore hospital. The juvenile accused, who police claim was the most aggressive of the six who attacked the woman, has been asked to appear before the board on January 15.
The principal of a primary school in a UP village where the juvenile accused studied appeared before the board today to help conduct an inquiry into the birth record of the accused to determine his exact age.
The principal, who did not come with all documents, was sent back after formalities. The juvenile, who has been sent to a juvenile correction home for boys, did not accompany the principal to the court.
The board asked the principal to return with full details of the date of birth records as available in the school. Police said once the principal submits the documents, their authenticity would have to be established. Only after analysis of the documents can the board issue an order for an ossification test of the juvenile.
"We have already requested for an ossification test to end the confusion over the age of the accused," an officer said. If the test proves that the accused is not a juvenile, he will be charged in a regular court like the other five accused.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow