Tunnel found in Sabarmati jail cell housing blasts suspects
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
When questioned by top jail officers, the blast accused told them they were tired of prison as the court was neither punishing them nor acquitting them, sources claimed.
"The case has been taken over by the crime branch. We will probe the case in detail on how the tunnel was being dug up and who all are involved," joint commissioner of police A K Sharma said. Security at the jail has been doubled and all jail guards and officers have been asked to step up patrols and checks of barracks, sources said.
Fifty-six people were killed and more than 200 injured in the Ahmedabad blasts of July 26, 2008. Police had arrested 68 suspects of whom 14 were lodged in this barrack.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow