Turmeric, jeera decline on subdued demand
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Turmeric and jeera prices fell by Rs 100 per quintal in the national capital today on subdued domestic and export demand amid adequate stocks.
Turmeric prices declined by Rs 100 to conclude at Rs 6,600-9,800 per quintal.
Jeera common and best quality also fell by Rs 100 each to conclude at Rs 14,700-14,900 and Rs 17,400-17,800 per quintal, respectively.
Marketmen said subdued domestic and export demand against increased arrivals from producing regions mainly put pressure on turmeric and jeera prices in the wholesale kirana market here.
The following are today's quotations: Ajwain 10,000-15,000, black pepper (per kg) 440-570, betelnut (kg) 160-195, cardamom brown-Jhundiwali (kg) 800-900, and cardamom brown-Kanchicut (kg) 900-1,000.
Cardamom small (kg): Chitridar 720-820, cardamom (colour robin) 720-870, cardamom bold 720-770, cardamom extra (bold) 900-1,020 and cloves (kg) 635-720.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held