TV actress alleges rape, production firm staffer held
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A production company executive was arrested on Friday for allegedly raping an actress last month. The actress alleged she was threatened by the accused not to approach police.
Powai police said the accused, Mukesh Mishra (30), allegedly entered a make-up room where the 28-year-old actress was getting ready and forced himself on her.
"The victim was threatened by the accused and did not file a complaint immediately. We arrested the accused after we got the complaint. He has been remanded in police custody till February 2," said senior inspector Bajirao Bhosale.
Police said the victim is married and has a daughter. In her complaint, she said the incident occurred on December 2 at a studio belonging to the production house in Powai and that she told her husband about it a few days later.
Police have also spoken to officials of the production company. They have told the police that they received a complaint from the victim's husband, after which Mishra was sacked.
"We have subjected both the victim and the accused to medical tests and are questioning the accused futher," Bhosale added.
Man held for stealing valuables at weddings
Oshiwara police have arrested a 28-year-old man for robbing guests at several weddings.
The accused was caught on CCTV talking to guests at a marriage hall. He confessed to stealing valuables worth lakhs at over 30 weddings.
Police said Dharamvir alias Vishal Kashyap would steal and flee after food. Kashyap was arrested from Kharwa Chawl, SV Road in Andheri (W), and has been remanded in police custody.
Assistant inspector Ravindra Patil said in December last year, he stole from Celebration marriage hall in Oshiwara. Relatives of bride and groom decided to check CCTV footage, which showed Kashyap roaming the marriage hall. Both sides confirmed he was not a guest.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet