Two bodies found in canal
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Ludhiana police recovered the dead bodies of a young boy and a woman near Barewal on Thursday morning after labourers spotted them caught in a net under a bridge on the Barewal canal.
The boy has been identified as Inderpal (14), a resident of Sheed Bhagat Singh Nagar. As per his parents the boy was mentally challenged and had been missing since Wednesday.
The body of the woman, who as per the police is around 20-25 years old, is yet to be identified. The woman was wearing a blue coloured salwar suit and a black thread around her right ankle. drowned some four days back.
Post mortem of the bodies have been conducted to verify whether this is a case of suicide or murder.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet