Two dead, 10 injured in temple stampede on Shivaratri festival in UP
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
At least two devotees were today killed and 10 others injured when a stampede broke out in a Shiva temple on the occasion of Shivaratri festival.
The incident occurred this morning when 'kanwarias' (devotees of Lord Shiva) broke through the queue of devotees to offer water at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple. This led to a stampede that left two persons dead, police said.
Ten people were injured in the incident and admitted to hospital.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet