Two dead in Hisar accident, students damage SDMís car
At least two persons died and five others sustained injuries when a truck collided with an auto rickshaw in Hisar on Thursday.
One of the dead and the injured are students of Guru Jambeshwar University's polytechnic college. Following the accident, agitated students of the university blocked the national highway and smashing the windowpanes of Hisar Sub-divisional Magistrate Garima Mittal's car, who reached the spot to pacify them.
The highway remained blocked for over three hours till Deputy Commissioner Amit Aggarwal and SP Satheesh Balan reached the spot and managed to bring the situation under control and the blockade lifted.
The mishap took place when six students and a Haryana Electricity Board clerk were travelling in an auto rickshaw. "A speeding truck rammed into the auto rickshaw. While Mamta, a student, died on the spot, Sanjay, the clerk, succumbed to injuries at the hospital. The truck driver, however, managed to flee the spot," a spokesperson of the Hisar district police said.
As the police failed to act against the truck driver, the students came out of the university and blocked the highway.
Apprehending law and order disruption, the SDM reached the spot. However, all of a sudden, a few students started smashing the windowpanes of her vehicle.
Following this, the police lathicharged the protestors to disperse the mob.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow