Two girls run over by train, die
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Two teenage cousins out for Diwali shopping were killed in a train accident on Tuesday afternoon while they were crossing a railway track near Sola area. The girls were identified as Arti L Thakur (15) and Diksha (13).
According to Sola police, three girls, all cousins, had come from Kalol taluka in Gandhinagar district for shopping. On their way back home, they were crossing a railway track near Sattadhar flyover when they saw a train fast approaching them. The trio jumped to the other side, on a second track, which too had a train running on it. All three were hit. While Arti and Diksha died, the injured third girl was rushed to Sola civil hospital where she is said to be out of danger. Their parents are migrant labourers in Kalol.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow