Two minors raped in Halol, Dahod, two held
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In two separate incidents of rape reported from central Gujarat, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was raped at Halol in the Pahchmahals district and a 15-year-old girl was raped at Garbada in Dahod district.
The two-and-half-year old girl was raped and then thrown into a thorny bush. Police arrested one Keshavbhai Joshi on Friday night for allegedly raping the girl of his relative while he was visiting their house.
A case of rape and kidnapping was lodged by the girl's father, Hariprasad Daka, with Halol police station under Sections 363, 376, 377, and 342 of the Indian Penal Code, police said. According to the FIR, Joshi visited the house of the complainant. On Friday night, after finishing dinner, Joshi went out of the house while the girl's parents were yet to finish their dinner.
When Daka tried to find out where he had gone, he found his daughter missing. Girl's parents and other neighbours went looking out for the child when they found Joshi at a secluded area near their house. Joshi first refused to confess about the girl's whereabouts. He then told the people looking out for him that he had thrown her into a thorny bush.
Joshi was handed over to the Halol police station and the girl was taken to a local doctor who then referred her to Vadodara civil hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
In another incident reported from Abhlod village in Dahod's Garbada taluka, a 15-year-old girl was raped and threatened to be killed by a relative. As per Garbada police, one Dinesh Mandod forcefully took the girl to a nearby school and raped her. He threatened to kill her if she tried to report the matter to anybody. An FIR was lodged in this connection and Mandod was arrested.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’