Two more arrested for Def Col heist
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Two more persons have been arrested on Friday for the Defence Colony heist, in which a cash van was robbed of Rs 5.25 crore on September 24. Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Pawan and Ranjit.
According to police, Pawan was arrested from Usmanpur in Northeast Delhi. Police said Rs 10 lakh was recovered from him.
Police said Ranjit, who is a relative of Yogesh, one of the main accused, was arrested from Pahari Colony in New Usmanpur. "Ranjit was not directly involved in the crime. But he had Rs 15 lakh of the loot. He told us that it was given to him by one of the accused on the night of the incident," a police officer said.
The mastermind of the armed robbery, Hari Kishan, and his brother Deepak Sharma have been arrested.
Two others of the gang, Umesh and Mukesh have also been arrested. A source also said Vijay Singh Nahar, another one of the main accused, has been arrested. But senior police officers were not willing to confirm this.
Police said Yogesh and Ranjit, two of the other main accused, were on the run and yet to be arrested.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'