Two more arrested over attack on Lt Gen Brar
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
British Police have arrested two more persons, including a woman, in connection with the assassination attempt here on Lt Gen (retd) K S Brar, the hero of the 1984 Operation Blue Star.
Brar, 78, on a private visit, was returning to his hotel with his wife when he was attacked in central London by four men on September 30 and suffered a wound on his neck and cheek.
A 36-year-old man was arrested in west London on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent, while a 55-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The man is in custody at a police station in central London. The woman has been bailed on condition of having to return on a future date pending further inquiries.
Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, of Wolverhampton and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, of Great Barr, Birmingham, have already been charged with intent to do grievous bodily harm on Brar and had appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court on October 8.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet