Two more die of dengue
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
KOLKATA: Two more succumbed to dengue on Wednesday taking the unofficial death toll of the dengue to 30. Arun Mondal, a resident of Kasba in south Kolkata, and Konaram Naskar, a resident of Khidderpore, were admitted to different private hospitals September 1 with high fever and body ache. Doctors said they died of hemorrhagic dengue and their platlet counts had fallen considerably.
Swollen rivers flood parts of Dooars
Jalpaiguri: Two rivers Ghis and Lis are in spate in Dooars area of Jalpaiguri district resulting in flooding of embankments at some places in Mal and Odlabari of Jalpaiguri district. Officials said 56 families were taken to safer areas as the water level of the two rivers rose flooded adjacent Majumderbustee, Annajhora bustee pockets of Mal and Washabi area of Odlabari. Demanding proper relief measures locals on Wednesday blocked the NH-31 for over an hour. The rivers were swollen following heavy rains in the hills.
Drug peddler arrested in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: A drug peddler was arrested on Wednesday near Ghoom railway station in Darjeeling with one kilogram of heroin. "Acting on a tip-off, Pemba Tamang was arrested when he was trying to sell the banned drugs. He was intercepted near Ghoom station around 4 pm and a kg of heroin was seized from him," Superintendent of Police Kunal Aggarwal said. Tamang, a resident of Magarjung village near Sukhiapokhri, was staying in a rented place at Sonada near Darjeeling, he said. Police have arrested at least eight drug peddlers in Darjeeling this year. Aggarwal said Tamang was trying to send the consignment to Nepal.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’