Two more rapes in Jind dist
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Two more incidents of rape were reported from Jind district in Haryana. While a minor girl was allegedly raped by a youth at Airchira Kalan village in the Safidon subdivision of the district on Friday, in another case, a widow was allegedly raped by her father-in-law in Baradi village on Saturday.
In the first incident, a Class X student alleged that her neighbour, Sanjay, forcibly entered her house when she was alone and raped her. Police have arrested Sanjay wile medical reports have confirmed that the minor was sexually assaulted.
In the second case, a 40-year-old woman accused her father-in-law of raping her. According to the complainant, a mother of two children, she was sleeping in her house, when her father-in-law came to her room and raped her. She narrated the incident to the police with the help of a few villagers and levelled her father-in-law, Ramchander, has been arrested. "In both the cases, we got the victims medically examined and have arrested the accused. Further investigations are still on," a Jind police spokesperson said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM