Two students held for bike theft
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Officials of Amherst Street police station caught two students as they were trying to make away with a stolen bike. The two, identified as Manoj Paswan and Sumit Das, will be in judicial custody till July 9. "One of them said he is a student of Hindu School and the other claimed to be a student of Bangabasi College. We are verifying the facts," said OC, Amherst Street PS.
On Monday, a resident of Amherst Street put in a complaint of a bike theft. A little later, the arrested duo was spotted riding the stolen black Pulsar in the vicinity. Police sources said the boys steal for pocket money.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations