Two workers die in Dera Bassi factory accident, owner booked
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Vikas Kumar (21) and Pintu (20), both residents of Saidpura village, Dera Bassi, were killed in a mishap at Prerna Strips Company, situated on Mubarikpur Road, Dera Bassi, on Monday afternoon.
According to Dera Bassi Station House Officer Gurdyal Singh, the incident took place when the two employees, who worked as helpers in the factory, were trying to lift a 4-ton iron coil with the help of a crane. The coil accidentally fell on them. Kumar and Pintu were taken to Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, by the company officials after they sustained serious injuries, but they succumbed to their injuries on Monday night.
Police official revealed that the company management did not inform the
police and they received the information about the incident from the hospital authorities after both the workers died.
Dera Bassi SP Anil Sharma and SHO Gurdyal Singh visited the spot on Tuesday morning and initiated investigations.
Company Manager Dheeraj Sharma claimed that the incident happened due to the negligence of the workers.
However, Vikas's brother Guddu, who works at the same factory, blamed the authorities for negligence. The police have booked the company owner under the Indian Penal Code and further investigations are on, the SHO said. Both the deceased hailed from Bihar.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow