Two-month golfing coaching programme on anvil
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
CHANDIGARH: A two-month summer golfing coaching programme will be conducted simultaneously at the Chandigarh Golf Club and Panchkula Golf Club. The coaching programme will be conducted by EGTF certified coach Ajay Gujral. The programme will be held at the Chandigarh Golf Club from March 16 to May 12 every Saturday and Sunday between 4 to 5 pm. Members as well as non-mmebers, between age 6-15, can enrol. Meanwhile, the coaching programme at Panchkula Golf Club will be conducted from March 15 to May 12 every Friday (4 to 5pm) and Sunday (10 to 11 am). People of all ages, even non-members, can enrol for the same. There will be a total of 18 coaching days in each programme. In order to provide attention to each pupil, a limited number of participants will be enrolled in each coaching programme. Golf equipment will be provided to those who do not have their own. All aspects of golf will be covered in detail, including grip, aim, alignment, stance, posture, putting, chipping, pitching, sand play, long and short irons. For registration and other details, interested persons may contact coach Ajay Gujral at 9814356013.
Sepak Takraw trials on March 11
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Sepak Takraw Association will conduct trials for the forthcoming 15 th National Sub Junior Sepak Takraw Championship (Boys and Girls) to be held at Mount Carmel from March 19 to March 22. Players born on or after January 1, 1999 are eligible for the trials. The field trials will be organised at Mount Carmel School, Sector 47, Chandigarh at 5.00 PM on March 11. The eligible players must bring their date of birth certificates.
Junior Ntls wrestling C'ship in May
CHANDIGARH: As many as 800 wrestlers will be seen in action during the 32nd Junior boys (Freestyle and Greco-Roman) and 15th Female (Freestyle) junior wrestling championships to be held at Sector 10 Rink Hall from May 9 to 12. According to Darshan Lal, general secretary of Chandigarh UT Wrestling Association, more than 800 wrestlers, including girls, from 25 states and Union Territories will compete in the two junior nationals.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'