Two-year-old girl’s body found in Gorakhpur Express
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The body of a two-year-old girl was found wrapped in a cloth in coach S-6 of Gorakhpur Express late on Friday at Lokmanya Tilak terminus.
Kurla Railway Police has registered a case of accidental death and are investigating further to ascertain if the child was murdered. Senior inspector, Shivaji Dhumal, said when the train went to yard for washing, the workers saw the body.
Dhumal said there was no strangulation marks on the body. "We are awaiting post mortem report and are also yet to trace the identity of the girl. We suspect that the girl might have some internal injuries," he said, adding the appearance of the girl suggests she was from a poor family.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’