Umashankar, RJD MP, dies
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
RJD MP Umashankar Singh died of severe chest infection at a New Delhi hospital Thursday. He was 73. He is survived by his wife and four sons.
Singh was MLA from 1977 to 1995 and 2000 to 2005 and won from Maharajganj in 2009 Lok Sabha election, defeating Prabhunath Singh. He fell out with RJD chief Lalu Prasad later and backed Congress in 2010 Assembly polls. Lalu, who cancelled a programme after hearing of the MP's death, said, "His death has caused immense loss to RJD."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet