Umesh Yadav doubtful for 2nd Test, Ashok Dinda called up as cover
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav was today rendered doubtful for the second cricket Test against England, starting Friday, due to a lower back problem.
Yadav, who picked up four wickets in the first match in Ahemedabad, underwent a scan today and did not turn up for the practice session.
Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda has been called as a cover for Yadav. Incidentally, Dinda was called up as cover for Ishant Sharma as well.
Sharma was eventually ruled out of the first Test due to viral fever and Dinda returned back for Ranji duty after being released by the team management on the first day of the Ahmedabad Test.
India are leading the four-match series 1-0 after winning the first Test by nine wickets.
The second Test will be played at Wankhede Stadium here.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held