Umesh Yadav grabs five-for as Vidarbha bowl out Harayna for 55
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
India pacer Umesh Yadav wreaked havoc with a sensational five-wicket haul as Vidarbha shot out Haryana for just 55 runs on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy group B match, here today.
Yadav led the Vidarbha attack admirably and conceded just 18 runs from his 13 overs. He was ably supported by his pace colleague Sandeep Singh who took four wickets for 11 runs from his 10.1 overs.
Shrikant Wagh took the remaining one wicket as the home side was shot out in 37.1 overs in the first innings after Vidarbha won the toss and elected to field at the Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Vidarbha then put themselves in the drivers' seat as they replied with 78 for two in 37 overs to take a 23-run lead with eight first innings wickets intact.
Openers Faiz Fazal (33) and Aniruddha Chore (15) were the batsmen out off the bowling of Mohit Sharma and Chanderpal Saini respectively.
At stumps, Shiv Sunder Das was batting on 20 and Shalabh Shrivastava was giving him company on one.
It was a pathetic batting display by Haryana batsmen as only Priyank Tehlan (18) could score in double digits with four of them returning to the dressing room without opening accounts.
The Haryana batsmen looked like competing to get out in a hurry as their innings folded just after lunch. Their total could even have been lower had it not there been 15 runs in extras, the second highest contributor in the Haryana innings.
The home side could not forge any partnership worth the name, the highest being the 14 between Tehlan and Abhimanyu Khod for the fourth wicket.
Haryana 1st Innings: 55 all out in 37.1 overs (Priyank Tehlan 18; Umesh Yadav 5/18, Sandeep Singh 4/11). Vidarbha 1st Innings: 78 for two in 37 overs (Faiz Fazal 33).
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'