Unbearable harassment lead women inmates to escape from shelter home
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
At present, the shelter home's functioning is being headed by former magistrate Swati Chavan.
Gaikwad said her ministry has sought funds of Rs 65 lakh so that the PWD department can construct a wall, an iron mesh and an additional room in the shelter home.
Earlier, 114 women were sent back to Bangladesh.
Presently, there are 108 women in the shelter home out of whom 58 are from Bangladesh. There are 50 women from different states including four from Maharashtra. The Bangladeshi women will be released on December 15 and efforts are on in that direction.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow