Under debt, owner of hosiery unit commits suicide
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The body of a hosiery unit owner was found hanging from the ceiling of his store on Monday morning.
Identified as Naresh Ahuja, he owned a unit called S M Ahuja Pvt Limited in Kailash Nagar area.
It has been learnt that he owed a huge amount of money to some banks and private businessmen too. However, over the last few months he was not in a situation to pay back, and was under tremendous pressure.
SHO Balwinder Singh said, "The family has told us that Naresh Ahuja had left for work as usual on Monday morning. After some time, they received a call from workers of the factory that he had committed suicide by hanging himself in his store. The family rushed to the factory immediately. He was taken to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on arrival."
The police have sent the body for a post-mortem.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet