Undertrial dies after consuming poison
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
An undertrial lodged in the district jail today died after he allegedly consumed poison in his barrack, jail officials said.
Neeraj, who was lodged in the jail on the charges of rape, consumed poison on the night of November 13 after which he was rushed to the hospital where he died this afternoon, jail superintendent A K Mishra said.
Mishra said that a suicide note was also recovered from his barrack in which the deceased stated that he was upset as his family members could not get him bail from the court.
An inquiry has been ordered by the jail administration in this regard, he added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'