Undertrial escapes from civil hospital
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
An undertrial, who was undergoing treatment at the U N Mehta Indology and Research Centre in the Civil Hospital campus in the city, escaped Wednesday morning, police said.
The man identified as Vishang Parmar was locked up in Santej police station of Kalol taluka in Gandhinagar district.
He gave the police team a slip while escorting him to the hospital for treatment. The team tried to chase him but all in vain.
The Madhavpura police have lodged a case against in this connection and alerted all the police stations.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations