Unichem Q2 Net profit up 83.22%
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Drug firm Unichem Laboratories today said its net profit rose by 83.22 crore cent to Rs 35.07 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, mainly on account of robust sales.
The company had posted net profit of Rs 19.14 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, Unichem Laboratories said in a filing to BSE.
Total income of the company rose to Rs 264.24 crore for the quarter under consideration compared to Rs 198.83 crore for the corresponding period previous fiscal.
Though formulations form the core of the company's business, the company also manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs or bulk actives).
The firm also manufactures several pharma products that address therapeutic areas like gastroenterology, cardiology, diabetology, psychiatry, neurology, anti-bacterials, anti- infectives and pain management among others, it added.
Stocks More on Unichem.
Company INFO More on Unichem.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’