Unidentified woman found killed
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A middle-aged woman wearing a red-coloured sari and silver jewellery was found murdered at a vacant plot on Noorwala Road on Friday.
The victim, who was attacked repeatedly with knives in her stomach, had not yet been identified by police. Two knives were also recovered from the spot.
The children playing near by came to know about the body lying in the plot. Later, the area residents informed the police, which registered an FIR against unidentified persons.
SHO Balwinder Singh said the local residents were being questioned so as to find out the victim's identity.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations