Union leaders among 120 held in Noida, looted goods recovered
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A three-member fact-finding team has been set up under the Additional Commissioner, Meerut.
Police sources said villagers from Yakupur, Nayagaon and Ilawas joined the violence and were out "only to create trouble", but there were a few who could have "intentionally egged them on".
Residents of Yakupur and Nayagaon confirmed that several from their villages had been picked up by police after the violence.
"On Tuesday night, there were some people who came and talked to the tenants here about joining the protests. Those of us who didn't go, found out about the violence when these tenants rushed back home around 3 pm," Rahim Singh, of Yakupur village, said.
SP (City) confirmed that arrests have been made from the surrounding villages. "We have made some arrests. Some stolen property has been recovered from them," he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations