UoP admin seeks details of liquor party on campus
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Taking serious cognizance of the liquor party that took place between Wednesday night and Thursday morning on University of Pune (UoP) campus, the administration has sought details of the party from the security department and Sewak Vihar (University Club) authorities.
"We have asked the security department and Sewak Vihar (University Club) authorities to submit all the details of the incident. The future course of action will be decided on the basis of these details," Dilip Dhawale, who has recently been appointed as the university registrar, told Newsline on Friday.
On possible involvement of some of the university staff and likely action on them, Dhawale said nobody will be spared.
Meanwhile, students organisations on Friday held demonstrations to protest against the incident. "The liquor party has brought shame to the university, which is known as the Oxford of the East. If timely action is not taken by the administration in cases like this, it is ultimately students who will have to suffer," a release issued by the students' wing of NCP said.
The Sewak Vihar was the venue of the liquor party which was rented out to a relative of a varsity staffer for a wedding function.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held