UP cop who named SP leader in bribery case shunted out of post
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
When contacted, Rana today said he was not aware of the reason behind his transfer. He added that he had taken action on the basis of evidence. He said K C Pandey has been charged with criminal conspiracy under Section 120-B of IPC for sheltering the cattle smuggling racket.
The investigating officer had sent a letter to Chiluatal police station, which is the local police station of K C Pandey's native place in Gorakhpur district, seeking help for his arrest. The letter was received at the Chiluatal police station on January 18, said Rana, adding that K C Pandey is still a wanted in the case.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held