UP govt cannot function properly due to Mulayam: Beni
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
In comments that are not likely to go down well with the Samajwadi Party, Union
Minister Beni Prasad Verma has said the UP government has not been able to function properly due to 'interference' of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Due to interference of Mulayam, the state government could not function properly and he was responsible for this," the Minister of Steel alleged.
He, however, said that UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was like his son and he would not like to blame him.
On Mulayam Singh's statement of third front government at the Centre in 2014 if SP won 60 seats in UP, Beni said on Sunday that "Yadav was dreaming of becoming Prime Minister but it would not happen." SP is an ally of the UPA government.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet