UP govt to gift Dimple seat a cricket stadium
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Dimple Yadav's Lok Sabha constituency Kannauj will get an international standard cricket stadium, spread over 80 acres, from the Uttar Pradesh government.
"We have shortlisted four options for the site and the final decision will be taken by the government. Once the site is finalised, we will start the process of land acquisition," Adarsh Singh, district magistrate of Kannauj, said. He said the site selection was likely to take plane in one week.
The cricket stadium will be under the Sports Department and will be constructed by the government, unlike the proposed international-level cricket stadium and academy at Lucknow, developed on public-private partnership.
The state's lone international standard Green Park stadium in Kanpur is under renovation. Test matches are not held at Lucknow's K D Singh Babu stadium.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'