UP head of Anchor Electricals booked for ‘molestation’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The police on Saturday lodged an FIR against the Uttar Pradesh head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd for allegedly making indecent advances towards a female employee of the company.
An FIR has been lodged at Hazratganj Mahila Thana against Bhavesh Ajmera, UP head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd, on the complaint of a woman who works as an executive in the billing department of the company's Lucknow office.
The woman, a resident of Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow, alleged that Ajmera misbehaved with her at the office in Govinda Building on Shahanazaf Road. In her complaint, she alleged that Ajmera made indecent advances towards her when she had gone to get some papers signed by him.
She alleged that Ajmera tried to grab her hand when she went into his room. Later, when she objected to his advances, Ajmera used indecent language and also threatened to get her killed, the woman alleged.
Mahila Thana Station House Officer Shiva Shukla said police had registered a case under IPC 294 (Obscene acts), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) on the complaint of the woman and have started the investigation in the case.
Ajmera could not be reached for his comments despite several attempts.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet