UP shocker: 8-yr-old allegedly commits suicide in hostel
An eight-year-old girl student was found dead in her hostel room at Government Ashram Paddhati Vidyalay in Mohammadi area, police said here today.
The girl's body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her hostel room in Sahabganj locality yesterday, Deputy Superintendent of Police Om Vir Singh said.
Singh said prima facie it was a case of suicide but the exact cause of the death could be ascertained after postmortem.
Roli was studying in Class II at the residential school run by the government social welfare department.
Reports said her father Satya Ketu had visited the school yesterday to bring back his daughter home on leave. He later left telling his daughter to get the leave sanctioned by the hostel superintendent.
However, later on the girl was found dead in the hostel room.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow