US is world's laziest country: Survey
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Americans are the laziest people on the planet, according to a new survey. The 'Daily Beast' survey took into consideration daily calorie intake, TV viewing habits, percentage of the population that plays sports and Internet usage, reports the New York Post.
Out of those four categories, the US was first in calories and watching the most TV – enough for the top spot. The Canadians came second after leading the planet in Internet usage. Belgium, a nation known for its waffles, beer and pomme frittes, stood third while Turkey landed the fourth spot.
The last in the survey was Switzerland since its people spend the least amount of time in front of the TV of all the 24 countries on the list. The top five laziest countries are: US, Canada,Belgium,Turkey,Great Britain.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations