US ‘jumped the gun’ on n-test: N Korea
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A North Korean state media outlet has accused the US of "jumping to conclusions" that North Korea would soon stage a nuclear test, adding to the confusion over its immediate intentions.
The United States and its ally South Korea are "fussing over speculation" without knowing exactly what action the North plans to take, Tongil Sinbo, a Japan-based pro-North weekly magazine funded by Pyongyang, said in an editorial.
"The US and enemies, based on their own hypothesis and arguments, jumped to the conclusion that we would stage a third nuclear test," said the editorial dated Friday and posted on the North's official website, Uriminzokkiri.
"They are fussing over speculation without having a clue about what important state measures will be taken, including whether it will be a nuclear test or something worse than that,"Tongil Sinbo said.
The North's top body, the National Defence Commission, announced on January 24 it would carry out a "high-level nuclear test" and further rocket launches, in a defiant response to tightened Unite Nations sanctions after its successful long-range rocket launch in December.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet