Man arrested for planning mass shooting at ‘Breaking Dawn’ screening
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
US authorities have arrested a 20-year-old man who allegedly planed to commit a mass murder at the screening of a 'Twilight film', and at a Missouri Walmart.
Court documents showed that Blaec Lammers had purchased assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
His mother had told authorities on Thursday that her son had purchased weapons similar to those used by James Holmes, the Colorado movie theater massacre shooter, CBS news reports.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he had a lot in common with the people involved in (recent mass shootings)," court documents said.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn''t tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," it added.
According to a report by KCTV, Lammers admitted to police that he had bought a rifle on Monday and another on Tuesday with the intention of shooting audience members who attended a showing of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2" at a theater in Bolivar.
He also planned to continue shooting at a local Walmart because he thought he could have access to additional ammunition, the report said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held