US mom stabs son 100 times
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A Polish-born woman in suburban Chicago stabbed her 7-year-old son 100 times then turned the knife on a 5-year-old girl who witnessed the killing, as both children begged for their lives, a prosecutor said Thursday.
Elzbieta Plackowska, 40, told investigators she stabbed the children and slashed their throats on Tuesday night at the home in Naperville because she was angry with her husband, a truck driver who was often away, DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin said.
Plackowska told investigators her husband left her alone to care for her son Justin and work as a maid, which she felt was beneath her, Berlin said at a bond hearing.
"She told the detectives that she thought by killing Justin she would make her husband hurt the way she was hurt in their relationship," Berlin said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held