US Trade Representative Ron Kirk to step down, successors eyed
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Kirk has worked with European Union Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht to lay the groundwork for possible negotiations on a transatlantic free trade agreement between the United States and the 27-nation European Union.
However, he was not able to crack the tough nut that is the Doha round of world trade talks. Those negotiations began in 2001 and still are unfinished, with the hope of a comprehensive market-opening agreement all but officially dead.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow