USAID head Raj Shah may be first Indian-American Cabinet minister
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
USAID's Indian-American head Raj Shah, who has established himself as one of the most successful administrators of the agency, is being seen as a strong contender for a Cabinet position as President Barack Obama prepares for his second term and forms a new team.
Given his strong credentials as a successful USAID administrator and his unflinching loyalty to Obama, administrative and political sources told PTI that Raj could well be poised for one of the Cabinet positions, in particular that of Secretary of Health and Human Services; Secretary of Agriculture and Secretary of Education.
Further, Shah, 39, would not face any difficulties in any Senate confirmation given his strong credentials and support across both sides of the aisle.
Shah, who in the last three-and-half years, has established himself as one of the most successful administrators of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) — the agency that provides economic, development and humanitarian assistance around the world.
The White House for now has refused to entertain any question on new appointment or possibility of it.
"I have no personnel announcements to make of any kind," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Friday.
Mahatma's kin elected in Kansas
A great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi has been elected to Kansas Assembly in the US during the general elections held on November 6. Shanti Gandhi, 72, contesting as a Republican candidate, defeated his Democratic rival Theodore "Ted" Ensley by nine percentage point. He is the son of late Kanti Lal.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow