UT Cricket Association holds march
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
UT Cricket Association Chandigarh organised a candle march from Sector 16 stadium to Sector 17 Plaza.
The candle procession was conducted in the wake of the long-due affiliation of the UT Cricket Association with the BCCI, pending since 1980.
Delhi, Goa and Pondicherry while having status of Union Territory have already got affiliation whereas Chandigarh is still awaiting affiliation despite fulfilling all the norms.
Around 80 cricket clubs are affiliated with the association.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow