UT residents give a thumbs-down to rumble strips
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Pappu, Vegetable Vender
The new system of traffic is absolutely wrong. We now have to find our way through an extremely busy traffic, which may take around 15-20 minutes or even half an hour in the worst cases.
Afsar Ali, Student
The rumble strip has toughened the job of the rickshaw-pullers who now find it difficult to cross the chaotic roads. But at the same time, it is good for the pedestrians who now have to walk through a little distance to reach the other end.
This new pathway has become a big headache for poor people like us who now have to cross double the amount of traffic than they used to earlier. I hope this is not introduced at the other roundabouts, otherwise it will be a serious problem for all of us.
Gambhir Singh Tyagi, Social Worker
This rumble strip is the result of the appointment of inefficient officials by the UT Administration who do not know the extent of the problem that they are causing to the residents. Due to this system, one can find traffic jams at the roundabout much more frequently in the morning when people are in a hurry to reach their workplaces.
Sikander, Fruit Vender
We have now been forced by the policemen to cross double the amount of traffic than we had to before due to this new pathway and it takes double the effort to reach from one end to the other as we find a chaotic jam most of the times.
Jagdeesh, Rickshaw Puller
This new divider is killing us. We now have to make a stronger pull to reach the opposite end and we always have a fear of facing traffic from both the sides of the path. The people in the cars are not affected by this system but it is we, the poor people who now have to enter the road to Sector 30, then move towards the road to Sector 27 and then again enter another one to Sector 30 which takes a great effort.
Suresh Yadav, Autorickshaw Driver
The rickshaw pullers should be made to follow the path that they used earlier as there is a lot of traffic that they create on the road. We now have to wait until they cross the road which worries the people we carry on board.
The new system of traffic is a good initiative as because of this, we can now reach the other end of the road more quickly than before.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet