Uttarakhand cloudbursts toll rises to 35
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The toll in the series of cloudbursts that struck Rudraprayag rose to 35 on Saturday with six more bodies recovered from the affected villages.
The bodies were recovered in the morning from the debris of flattened houses in the worst-hit Ukhimath area of the district, Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre officials said.
Twenty six are still missing while 11 of the 15 injured are critical, they said, adding that search and rescue operations by nearly 124 ITBP and Army personnel are on.
Twenty nine bodies had been pulled out during rescue operations yesterday.
Accompanied by state Disaster Management Minister Yashpal Arya and Garhwal MP Satpal Maharaj, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna visited the affected villages, took stock of the damage inflicted by the disaster and reviewed the ongoing relief and rescue operations, officials said.
The cloudbursts yesterday wreaked havoc in Chunni, Mangoli, Kimana, Sansari, Giriya, Barhmankholi, Premnagar and Juatok in Ukhimath area of Rudraprayag, killing most of the victims while they were asleep.
The injured are being treated at hospitals in Ukhimath and Srinagar. Those who were critical were referred to hospitals in Dehradun, officials said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held