Vadodara’s wanted man nabbed in Ujjain
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The city police Sunday said they have arrested history-sheeter Aslam Sheikh alias Bodio, who was wanted in as many as 32 cases of theft, bootlegging, rioting and assault lodged in several police station across the district.
Bodio is reportedly the leader of one "Bicchhu Gang" active in the city. He was arrested from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh late on Saturday.
He was on the run for the last one month after his gang members allegedly ransacked several shops in the city demanding extortion money.
"Acting on tip-off, a team of Special Operation Group went to Uttar Pradesh. However, he managed to escape from there. But he was subsequently arrested by the team from Ujjain along with three others," Police Commissioner Saitsh Sharma told reporters.
The police had also arrested 20 suspected members of the gang in January but Bodio remained at large.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’