Vadodara school clerk robbed of Rs 1.6 lakh
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Two motorbike-borne men overpowered a school clerk in Gorwa area on Monday and looted Rs 1.6 lakh he had withdrawn from a bank to pay salaries of teachers.
The clerk, Dinesh Pandya, works at PK Prajapati School near Bapu ni Dargah in Gorwa area. He had gone to withdraw cash from a branch of Bank of India on Gorwa road to pay salaries of teachers of the school. However, as soon as he emerged out of the bank and went towards his bicycle, he was attacked by two men who had been waiting for him.
"One of them stopped Pandya. A scuffle ensued. The duo overpowered the clerk and sped away on their bike after snatching Pandya's bag containing the cash," Gorwa police inspector BM Chaudhary said, adding a complaint has been lodged by Pandya.
This is the second such incident in Gorwa in the last two weeks. On September 26, the day the chief minister visited the city, two bike-borne men had snatched away a bag containing Rs 3.6 lakh from an employee of a finance company. Police are yet to make a breakthrough.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held