Vadodara to ‘run for democracy’ on December 9
The district election office in Vadodara has chalked out a comprehensive plan under the Election Commission's Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation to reach out to voters and increase voting percentage in the city by at least 10% to over 64% from 54% in 2007. DEO and Collector Vinod Rao said the district will hold Democracy Week from December 9 with this aim and will hold 'Run for Democracy' marathon on December 9.
The DEO will also reach out to industry bodies with an appeal to give paid holiday to their employees to exercise their franchise under the Representation of Peoples Act.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow