Vaghela Gujarat CLP leader
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Former Union minister Shankersinh Vaghela, who won Assembly elections from Kapadvanj constituency, was on Tuesday appointed as Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader. This was confirmed by state party president Arjun Modhwadia. Speaking to The Indian Express, Modhwadia said the appointment was made by the party and a communiqué in this regard was received by him after 10 pm.
A meeting of all 59 congress MLAs was held earlier on Tuesday at Gandhinagar with Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and AICC general secretary and party's Gujarat in-charge Mohan Prakash as observer. The meeting had authorised party chief to take a final decision about the CLP chief.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'