Valentine’s Day: 375 challaned for traffic violations
Security was beefed up in the city on Valentine's Day to avoid any untoward incident. Women police inspectors and constables were specially deployed in areas like Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi, Model Town, near malls, schools and colleges.
Traffic police of the city challaned 375 defaulters, of which a maximum of 79 were fined for triple riding and riding without helmet. Other offences included rash driving, loud horns and pressing horns without reason.
ACP (traffic) Dhruman Nimbale told Ludhiana Newsline, "No incident was reported because we deployed high security in risky areas beforehand, and the maximum fined were three boys riding bikes and motorcycles. Security was specially beefed up in front of schools, colleges and multiplexes."
Maximum challans were reported from the area of ACP (west) which includes areas like Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi, Model Town, Pakhowal Road, Westend Mall, MBD Mall, Ansal Plaza and others, the hotpots of Valentine's day celebrations, said Nimbale.
Shiv Sena members also protested against Valentine's Day celebrations by shouting slogans near Rakh Bagh, Civil Lines. Reportedly, couples sitting in Rakh Bagh fled after Shiv Sainiks started shouting slogans near the park.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow