Varesh Sinha new chief secy
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Varesh Sinha (IAS) was appointed as the new chief secretary of Gujarat on Monday. He will be replacing A K Joti who is set to retire on January 31, 2013.
A 1977-batch officer of the Gujarat cadre, Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary (finance), stated a state government release here. Sinha has been elevated ahead of a few senior officials who are set to retire in the next few months.
An MBA in public service, Sinha also held the post of additional chief secretary in home and labour and employment departments.
In 2012, he also functioned as one of the directors of the board of Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow