Vashu Bhagnani wants to set up studio in MP, meets CM
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Bollywood film producer Vashu Bhagnani has expressed a wish to set up a state-of-the-art film studio in Madhya Pradesh and held a meeting with state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in this regard, a government press release said.
Bhagnani held a meeting with Chouhan in the state capital yesterday, it said.
The chief minister has assured him of seriously considering the proposal and said that there were immense possibilities to set up film studios in Madhya Pradesh as a number of films have been shot in Bhopal.
Bhagnani, who urged Chouhan to make available land to establish film studios in Indore and Bhopal, said he planned to construct such a studio, where a number of films can be shot at the same time.
An amount of Rs 500 crore is planned to be invested for the construction of a studio in the first phase, which will generate employment opportunities directly and indirectly, the press release quoted Bhagnani as saying.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'