Congress stares at humiliating defeat in 2014 polls: BJP
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu today said Congress would be decimated in 2014 Lok Sabha elections owing to its failure on all fronts notwithstanding the emphasis that party is laying on projecting gen next leaders.
"Nobody will be able to save Congress party from facing defeat in general elections. As and when elections are held, that party will suffer a humiliating defeat...Congress would be reduced to double digit in 2014 Lok Sabha polls", Naidu told reporters here.
Without naming Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Naidu said "the debate is that somebody is going to save the Congress is useless...They may have a youth leader or not".
He said a strong wave is rising against Congress in the country as people are feeling "betrayed". "People look at Congress as betrayers. UPA government has failed on various fronts", he alleged.
Taking a dig at Congress, Naidu said Congress may opt for advancing the general elections as "the party is already facing several scams and it would not wait for more scams to be added before elections (on due date)".
Terming as unrealistic the policy decisions of government, Naidu said "the petrol prices are hiked 15 times while that of fertiliser by 20 times...Government has also restricted supply of LPG cylinders to nine per year".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet